Many stores have made grocery shopping easier and, in many cases, safer for their customers by offering curbside pickups. Curbside Pickup is a service that allows you to shop online and place your order outside the store without leaving your car.
You can place a curbside pick-up order using BJ’s website or app. However, you must have a subscription to place an order. Digital coupons and instant savings automatically apply to curbside pickup orders, but BJ does not accept printed coupons for online orders.
It’s easy to order with BJ’s Curbside Pickup, but must be ready at the store. In this article, we’ll cover what you need to know to get the most out of BJ’s Curb Side Pickup option!
How Does BJ’s Curbside Pickup Work?
To use Curbside Pickup in BJ, order “Free Pickup Today” using BJ’s website or app. The Curbside Pickup feature is a free service that is available to members at any BJ location. However, the selected store must have a stock of your items in order to fulfill your curbside pickup order.
To use BJ’s free curbside pickup option, you need to shop online through BJ’s website or mobile app. There are no minimum pickups, so you can order as many or as few items as you like.
If you haven’t already, be sure to download BJ’s mobile app to place your curbside order before leaving your home. This is important because once you arrive at your designated free pick-up location outside the store, you will be able to check-in using the mobile app.
Checking in through the mobile app lets BJ’s store mates know you’ve arrived and you’re ready to place your curbside order.
When you arrive to pick up your curbside order, park at one of the designated pick-up areas outside the store. Then, sign in to the BJ app, select In-Club, Pickup Check-In, and then tap Curbside Pickup.
Enter the brand and color of your car in BJ’s mobile app so that a clerk can find your car. Finally, open your trunk so that the BJ employee can load your order into your car, without contact!
How to Order BJ’s Online
To purchase BJ online, you will need a BJ membership. To create an online account, use your name, address, and membership number to sign in. Then, you can order online using BJ’s website or app.
To order from BJ’s website, you’ll need to follow the steps below:
- Navigate to bjs.com.
- Create an account or sign in to your existing account using your BJ’s membership number (located on the back of your Membership Card), your name, and your address.
- A BJ’s membership is necessary to create an account and order online. BJ’s memberships range from $55/year to $110/year depending on the plan, with discounts available for US veterans.
- Once you are signed into your account, you are ready to begin ordering online. On the home page, in the upper left corner, you will be prompted to choose a store location. By pressing the expand arrow, you will be able to enter your zip code to identify the store location closest to you.
- To shop from a specific category of items, browse from the dropdown menu labeled “All Categories” on the left-hand side of the homepage.
- Add items to your online cart by clicking the red “Add to Cart” button beside the product description.
- On the product description screen, you will be prompted to select a pickup option. Click “Free Pickup” at your local BJ’s location.
- Once you have added all your desired items to your cart, navigate to checkout, and make sure you have the BJ’s app downloaded on your mobile phone to check-in for curbside pickup. You will need a BJ account to sign in to the mobile app and check in.
To order from the BJ’s Wholesale Club mobile app, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Download the BJ’s Wholesale Club app from Google Play or the Apple Store.
- Sign in or create an account by clicking the profile icon in the upper-right corner of the home page.
- To create an account, you will need a membership number, which can be found on the back of your BJ’s Membership Card.
- If you do not have one already, it’s important to remember that a BJ membership will be necessary to make an account on the app.
- Once you are signed in to your account on the BJ’s app, you can shop online by selecting the “Shop” tab at the bottom left of the screen.
- Checkout and select “Free Pickup”
Can You Change Your BJ’s Curbside Pickup Order?
After clicking “Submit Order” online, your order has been formally submitted to BJ. Unfortunately, BJ does not generally allow users to edit or modify their orders once they have been submitted. To contact customer service about your online order, call 866-425-7932.
To edit the items in your cart before checking out, visit their shopping cart on their website or app. To view items in your cart, select the cart icon in the upper right corner of the website or the cart icon on the bottom bar of your app.
To change the quantity of any selected item in your cart, just press the increase or decrease button next to the item list. To delete an item from your cart, click “Remove” to the left of the item list on your screen.
To cancel an online BJ’s order that has not yet been fulfilled, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your BJ’s account.
- Hover your mouse over your account name and select “Track Order” from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the “Order Details” tab on the right side of the screen.
- You will be prompted to select a reason for cancellation.
- After choosing a reason from the dropdown menu, click the “Cancel” button to confirm your order cancellation.
Once you place your pick-up order at BJ’s, you must pick it up by the end of the business the day after your chosen pick-up date. Otherwise, BJ will cancel if the order is not taken.
You can return your pick-up order to the Member Services desk inside the store. However, BJ does not allow customers to exchange items from their curbside pickup orders or obtain store credit for a refund.
Does BJ’s Accept Coupons for Curbside Pickup?
Digital clipless coupons and instant savings will automatically apply to your BJ’s curbside pickup order, if available. However, BJ does not accept paper coupons for Curbside Pickup or any online order.
To find digital coupons and apply to your BJ’s order online, follow these steps:
- Navigate to BJ’s.com and select the “Coupons” tab at the top of the screen to browse available deals and apply them to your next order.
- Load the desired coupons onto your BJ’s Membership Card to use them on your next order.
Can You Have Someone Else Pickup Your BJ’s Order?
If you need someone else to take your BJ order, it is possible to send it to someone else in your household if it meets the BJ pickup requirements. BJ’s online orders must be picked up by a primary or household member who has the same membership number used to place the curbside pickup order.
This means that in order to place an order, either the person who placed the order or the other member of the household must be present on the same membership plan.
For example, if both you and your roommate share a BJ membership and your roommate is a household member, they can drive to the location of your chosen BJ to receive your order.
BJ customers with Inner Circle membership or BJ’s Prix Rewards primary membership can add a household member to their membership plan free of charge.
Household members will receive their membership cards and will be able to receive curbside orders for their family members. It is important to note that household members must bring a valid photo ID and their membership card to BJ to place an order.
Do You Tip BJ’s Curbside Pickup?
BJ does not need to advise store associates about curbside pickups. Also, there is no option to tip employees who place orders on your car.
Also, there is no option to tip employees who place orders on your car. Just make sure you tip in cash, as there is no digital option to tip on BJ’s website or app.
Can You Use EBT for BJ’s Curbside Pickup?
By 2021, consumers in Florida, North Carolina, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Ohio, Maine, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and New York will be able to use EBT to pay curbside pick-up orders on BJ’s. BJ’s also said it would eventually increase EBT payments for pick-up orders to all states participating in the SNAP online purchasing pilot.
Customers in the above states can now order groceries online for SNAP-eligible items using their EBT card for in-club pickups or curbside pickups.
There are several other payment options to choose from, and BJ’s website also allows you to check your EBT card balance. Visit bjs.com/help/ebt/ for more information on how to use an EBT card to shop online.
If you’re looking for a way to order groceries or other supplies online from BJ’s, Curbside Pickup is a great option for subscribers. If you do not have a membership, you can sign up for a plan to start receiving membership benefits.
It’s easy to order and check out Curbside Pickup via the mobile app, and a BJ team member will bring your order to your car so you don’t have to go inside the store. So goodbye to those days looking for store routes for your favorite products – with the Curbside Pickup option, BJ has you covered!