Originally posted on July 3, 2022 @ 3:55 am
As a one-stop-shop, Amazon is one of the most convenient services on the Internet. What makes Amazon more accessible is the ability to buy gift cards. However, like any other store or online service, gift cards have terms and conditions that often come with certain limitations.
Amazon sets out the terms and conditions for account balances and gift cards on its website. These Terms apply to users in the United States, so if you live in another country, visit the local Amazon website.
This article will tell you how to redeem an Amazon Gift Card and answer some other questions you may have about returns, service discounts, and more.
Just keep reading to learn more!
Do Amazon Gift Cards Expire If Not Redeemed?
No, Amazon Gift Cards do not expire even if they are redeemed. You can redeem your Amazon Gift Card at any time. Once you’ve activated the gift card and added it to your account balance, you can start using it to purchase products sold on the Amazon website or app.
Although Amazon Gift Cards do not expire, it is a good idea to activate them as soon as you receive them to avoid any chance of your card being misplaced or lost.
Once you get rid of it, you don’t have to use it right away. Instead, the funds will sit in the balance of the gift card, and you will always have the option to use it when you check out.
So even if you don’t use it now, the money will be safe, and you won’t run the risk of losing value.
How to Redeem an Amazon Gift Card
Once you get your gift card, you can save it on your mobile device or desktop. Both follow the same process but differ slightly depending on the structure of your device.
If you are redeeming the Amazon card on your mobile, here are the steps you will need to take:
- Open either your Amazon app or the Amazon website on your browser
- Once you log in, navigate to the menu either by clicking on the “Hello” next to the cart or the triple-line pop-out menu on the left
- Scroll down until you find the section labeled “Payments”
- Select “Your Payments”
- Scroll past your added payment methods down to where you see “Amazon Gift Card”
- You will then click “Redeem a gift card”
- Enter your gift card number and pin, and the value will be loaded into your payment center.
If you would prefer to redeem your gift card on your desktop, here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Open the Amazon website on your desktop
- Once you sign in, on the right side of the browser, you will see “Hello”, click on “Account” right underneath
- Under the dropdown, click “Account”
- it vendita viagra will navigate you to a page where you will see several options; in the middle of the screen, you will see “Your Payments”
- Once you click on that, you’ll be able to scroll past your saved credit cards to where you see “Amazon Gift Card”
- Click “Redeem a gift card” and enter your card information
Whether you follow these steps on your mobile or desktop, you’ll find the process of adding your gift card balance to Amazon’s own payment section straightforward and straightforward.
Can You Cash Out Amazon Gift Cards?
Unfortunately, Amazon Gift Cards cannot be cashed out. Unlike cash cards, they are paid directly to Amazon and therefore can only be redeemed on Amazon merchandise. They are not transferable to other stores and are not reimbursable for reimbursement.
The only way to get cash for an Amazon Gift Card is to sell it to an individual buyer. However, even if you use online services like eBay, there are service fees that can earn you money.
Can You Return an Amazon Gift Card?
Once an Amazon Gift Card is purchased, it cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash. If you have already redeemed your gift card and are taking care to redeem it, only Amazon Customer Service can go to your account once you have redeemed funds to complete the process. Take
Keep in mind that an Amazon Associate will usually only do this to transfer Gift Card funds to your various accounts.
Often, they will disburse funds and transfer them directly to a different account for you. It doesn’t give you much of a way to get the money back on the card so that it can be resold or retrieved.
Returning gift cards is out of Amazon’s policy, so while there may be situations that guarantee to return the card for cash, this is highly unlikely and should be avoided when buying an Amazon gift card. Should not be counted.
How to Remove an Amazon Gift Card from Your Account
Once you have redeemed your gift card, this value cannot be removed from your account until the price has been used. However, if you are shopping on Amazon and do not want to use your gift card money, you can remove these from applying automatically by following these steps:
- Once you’re signed into Amazon, add the items you are looking for to your cart
- Navigate to “Cart” or “Proceed to checkout”
- When you see the subtotal of your order, under the “Gift or Promo Code” box, you will see if your Amazon gift card has been applied to the order
- You will be able to see the amount applied and underneath that, you can choose “Remove” if you do not wish to use the gift card for the purchase
Keep in mind that you will need to check it between each of your purchases so that you do not accidentally place an order on your gift card.
Once you use the full amount on the card, it will be automatically removed from your account.
Can You Use Amazon Gift Cards for Amazon Fresh?
Any gift card purchased through Amazon can be used for any item sold through Amazon’s website in your given country. Amazon Fresh does not have its own gift card as an Amazon gift card will work for Amazon Fresh as well. You can even find Amazon Fresh Themed Amazon Cards online.
Because Amazon Fresh is an extension of the Amazon website, their gift cards can be used for both. So, if you want to order groceries through Amazon Fresh, you can use your Amazon Gift Card to pay for the order.
However, keep in mind that if you want to add a tip to your order, you’ll need to use the money from your other saved credit cards on Amazon to leave a tip for your delivery driver!
Unfortunately, when using a gift card only, there is no space in the checkout window to change the amount or add a tip to the purchase.
Since every delivery driver relies on tips to increase their revenue, try using a portion of your Amazon Gift Card for your Amazon Fresh Order and add the remaining value to the credit card to add a tip.
Like many other online retailers, Amazon has specific rules for its gift cards. Once a gift card is purchased, it cannot be refunded or traded in cash. Amazon gift cards don’t expire, and it gives consumers a lot of flexibility when it comes to spending their gift card balance.
If you ever have a problem with your Amazon account or gift card, contact Amazon’s customer service team as they have the ability to change your account more than you do.